Monday, October 7, 2019

Introductory

My name is Lucy, and I am a student at Fort Lauderdale High School. I am in 10th grade, and I am 15 years old. Currently, I am taking 4 AICE classes: Media, Thinking Skills, English, and Euro. Last year I took and passed: Marine, Global Perspectives, and General Paper. I enjoy taking AICE classes, however, I find it difficult sometimes because I procrastinate. This is a struggle I am working to overcome soon. Moreover, I’ve had an extensive education because of the various schools I’ve attended. I went to 3 different Pre-K’s, 2 different elementary schools, and then switched from a Private Jewish Middle School to a Public High School.

Additionally, I have a very average family, 1 sister and 2 parents living at home. However, my sister just left to college 2 months ago. This transition has been very difficult for me because I consider my sister my best friend. When she was at home, we would do everything together, and could say anything and everything to each other. The best days are when she drives up from school and comes to visit. Although, even though it’s been tough without her, I have gotten closer with my mom. My moms side of my family is from Australia, and we visit there every few years. I would say Australia is one of my favorite places in the world. I haven’t been there in 5 years and i miss it so much, especially because my family lives there.

Lastly, I enjoy playing tennis, but I haven’t played officially yet. I want to join a club or a team as soon as I can, but it’s hard to find one. Besides playing tennis, I have a job outside of school at a farmers market. I am excited to get more experience and apply somewhere more official. I am also a part of the Surfrider club and find it a very fulfilling experience. That’s all there is about me, and I’m so excited to continue taking media and pass the class.




No comments:

Post a Comment