Friday, January 17, 2020

Starting Final Task

Hi, as you already know, my name is Lucy, and I am currently taking AICE-Media. I take this course at the school I attend, Fort Lauderdale High School. So far, I am doing well in the course and I hope this continues. I am still 15 years old, but my birthday is next week. I have also worked on my bad habits like procrastination, and now I am better at completing tasks right away. I will also be starting tennis soon, and I hope it all goes well. Additionally, I am enjoying my sophomore year of high school, and am dealing with the stress of school work too. I also am excited for this project, and I am glad because my group and I are working very well together. For this project, the people in my group are Montana, Reese, and James. I was worried at first since 4 people is a lot and some things we wouldn’t agree on, but so far it’s going great.

Moreover, I am excited to work on this project to utilize all the skills I have learned throughout this course. For example, my filming skills have definitely improved. This will be very beneficial when filming this project since it is the final task that requires more skill than the other projects. Additionally, another skill I have acquired is the ability to storyboard well. After story boarding for the past 2 projects, I can now do it in a much more organized way. This is very helpful for the final project since it is the longest and requires the most amount of planning. That is why I am excited for this project because it will be like making a mini movie. We will also be able to have more creative ideas since we can choose whichever genre we like. This is also a way we can use skills we have learned since we have discussed different genres and techniques to filming. Overall, I am looking forward to using the different skills I have learned throughout this course for the final task.

Lastly, my group and I have come up with 3 different pitches. A pitch is a Hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated in 25 words or less. Our fist pitch is about a kidnapping where the main character, a girl in the middle of night waking up to get a glass of water, is taken by a stranger, and then struggles to escape. Our second pitch is about 2 cops who are searching a criminal's house for a valuable flash drive, only to find out the criminal was one step ahead and abducted one of the cops and informs the partner he only has 12 hours to find them. Lastly, our third pitch is about a woman who has a dream about being murdered, but wakes up in shock when she notices something in her room that implies it might be a dream at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment